Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie Question! OMA-

Status
Not open for further replies.

bran2235

IS-IT--Management
Feb 13, 2002
US
Helo everyone!
Newbie here ... just setup and deployed MS Exch 2003. My users love OWA- I can't wait to show them the OMA... How do I do this? I have noticed this:

-each user is already 'enabled' for mobile access via their AD account; and

-I have checked the box in (System Manager) \ Global Settings\Mobile Services [properties] "Enable Outlook Mobile Access" and "Enable Unsopported Devices"

I was concerned that it might be a firewall issue (port being open) but if OWA is working fine shouldn't OMA too?

Also, is it the same URL that I created for OWA??

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE FOR ANY SUGGESTIONS!

Brandon

Ok, that's what I was thinking...however, when I go to my site, I get the following:

A System error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator.

Do I need to reboot the server after checking/enabling the OMA?

Man, I thought this was going to be easy!!
Thanks for the help!!!!

Brandon

ANother question... how can I test it successfully if I don't have a mobile device?? Any ideas??

You shouldn't have to reboot the server. You can test the oma site in a normal browser just to see that it works but to properly test you should use a mobile dev.

I have exactly the same issue with my OMA but OWA works a treat. I also have no idea what is going on as it is meant to be simple (it never is though).

I haven't found any good info on the net either regarding setup of this system, I asuume its because its fairly new at the moment?

I have a Dell Axim X50 and a Nokia 6230 btooth on Orange. Any suggestions would be great on how to get this up and running.

What I did (w/ my Treo) is used imap4 protocol across Sprint's Data Network to my Exchange box.

On my Exchange server, I had to enable the protocol and make it "automatic".

Next, just configured my phone w/ my domain\account information.

Oh, had to also open my PIX to allow the imap4 protocol to my exchange server.

Pretty simple, now looking back at it. Hope this helps.

Brandon

Did anyone figure this out yet? I also can't seem to get OMA to function. i get the same error as Brandon "A system error has orrured while processing your request"...

I get that error if I try to connect to OMA through a browser. If I try to sync with a Dell X50V, I get an error code HTTP_403.

There must be something obvious that I'm missing, but where to check? I've made sure that the OMA folder in IIS is configured the same as the Exchange folder in IIS. I made sure Mobile acces was enabled for the user and that it was enabled in System Manager.

Has anyone had success with OMA?

Thanks,
Tom

Nope, not using ISA.
From what I have read elsewhere, I "should" be able to log into OMA in a similar way as we log into OWA. But, it doesn't appear to work.

Anyone have an idea as to how to test this to track down the problem?

Thanks, tom

I've been trying to get OMA to work, but I get the same error, " A System error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator."

I AM the administrator and I can't find any info regarding this message. I have another Exchange server at my house and I get the same error on that system.

Please help!

mark@NOSPAMpeaberrycoffee.com

Hmmm. I'll have to check it out. It seems odd that this should even occur.

Other possibility: OMA will not work on a server that also has Sharepoint Services installed. This is true even if you exclude the paths for OMA from SPS.

Hi,

We had the same error - worked but gave the system error message.

Fix - do not REQUIRE SSL on the Exchange virtual directory. MS Q refers but I can't find the number:)

So we have http and https working internally but only https open externally through the Cisco firewall.

Regards
David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back