Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie Question: Code generated by Dreamweaver posted into Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luvsql

Technical User
Apr 3, 2003
CA
I am so new to html/coding everything. I create our company's newsletters in Dreamweaver and unfortunately due to some issues with Microsoft CRM, I have to use tables and do a couple things with the code in order to make it work (can't use divs for example). For some reason, when I paste in the html code from the site from IE into Outlook (which mimicks my issue when I email the newsletter out of CRM and view in Outlook), a gap is appearing between the table border and cannot figure out what is causing it. I've removed pics, rows, re-added, nothing seems to fix this weird gap.

The gap is appearing below the last photo and the footer banner (one just above the facebook pic). I would appreciate any help whatsoever as I'm pulling my hair out wondering what Outlook is doing or what the code is telling Outlook to do. So if you Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C from the site and paste it into Outlook, a gap appears. I do not see the issue in Windows Live Mail or even Gmail. It's just Outlook 2007. Even Word 2007 doesn't add the gap.

My newsletter is at
I would be grateful for any help!

I'm not going to bother trying to reproduce your problem (I don't have the offending applications installed - nor want to install them).

I shall offer 2 things for you to try, though:

1) Remove all whitespace around the area where the problem is happening (carriage returns, spaces, tabs - anything)
2) Ensure the HTML is valid (passes validation)

If neither of them work, then I'm out of quick-fire suggestions (other than: get your company to sort out the tools you need, and the skills you need to do your job properly).

Cheers,
Jeff

[tt]Visit my blog [!]@[/!] Visit Code Couch [!]@[/!] [/tt]

Make sure your web page and css validates properly against the doctype you have chosen - before you attempt to debug a problem!

FAQ216-6094

FWIW, have you tried removing the height attribute from the TD in the last TR?

Code:
<TD height=366 vAlign=top align=left>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back