Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie: Outputting to DV camcorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

kouros

Technical User
Oct 18, 2002
FR
I only recently started using a copy of Premiere 6, but am finding that I am having difficulties outputting to a DV camcorder.

Although Premiere is capturing the video and sound off the camera quite happily enough, and in reasonable quality, when I go to output the finished footage back to the camera, it appears jerky and speeded up - almost as if the computer has cut out the vast majority of the frames, and is trying to get the job over and done with as soon as possible.

I have thought that this may be my computer's fault - too slow?

Just for informations sake, I'll include a few specs.

Computer:
- 400mhz Pentium
- 128 MB RAM
- Plenty of HD - although the disk this problem is occuring on has 4.73 Gigs free

Camera:
- UK Spec Sony TRV 10E with DV-in enabling widget

Software Settings:
- "For Editing with IEEE1394 (Firewire/i-link) DV equipment
- Standard PAL video (4:3) interlaced
- 48khz (16bit) audio

I should have mentioned in my previous post that I had taken a look at the Adobe Premiere FAQ - I have checked the DMA settings on my hard drive, and the box has been checked.

Export your timeline, then create a new project under the preset DV - NTSC Standard 32 kHz. Import the saved timeline, then export to tape. Make sure your camera is on and in VCR playback mode. On your desktop the preview may look choppy but on the LCD of your cam you should see the movie playing perfectly.

I had this problem with a cheap 1364 firewire card, my machine is a very high spec and this still happened

I have a strong machine (PIII 1G, 512M, 100GB 7200rpm ATA100 HDD) and a Western Digital
FireWire PCI Adapter with a Sony DCRPC6E.
I have this exporting problem, the resulting
movie is very jerky on the tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back