Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie needs Help compiling TCL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhakakhan

Technical User
Mar 27, 2021
DE
Hello World,
my problem is, that i have downloaded a program in TCL, and i don't know, how to execute it.
Until now, i have never heard of TCL - i literally stand in the forest and don't know, which way to go.

I run on Win10 and i'd like to run this little script. Until now, all my attempts failed.
I would really appreciate every help with it.

The script i am talking about is here:

The Package contains two exe files and one TCL script.

Please help me - i am not one of those programmer- or code-guys. I do analog electronics engineering. That's enough for me.
Many Thanks in Advance.

Johannes

OK.

It seems to work somehow for now. I simply chose "open with" and chose wishtcl.

Many thanks for your reply.

I do quite a bit of scripting here at work to automate things, and find it much easier to just compile the code into windows executables, that way I don't have to concern myself if the person who'll be running the script has TCL installed, which by default, they won't.

If it is a script that does not use tkinter, you can use tclsh or wish. If it uses tkinter, use wish, especially if the script does not have a use tkinter statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back