Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie needing general help

Status
Not open for further replies.

owee69

Programmer
Feb 28, 2005
US
After firing our BCM tech, my company had me run through the BCM CBT's and made me the new BCM tech. I am completely new to Nortel systems, so things are a little rough for me right now. Can anybody point me to a good source of documentation for the BCM, especially the CallPilot? Thanks.

You could try the help files in the system. If they do not help you, what is it you would like to know and I will try to find some training material.

download the full documentation at:
ftp://ftp.etkn.de/pub/wangtiejun/bcm36doc.zip

Keep going to Tek-Tips. This is the best source of information on the web.

Good luck.

NARSBARS

First, I'd like to thank everyone that has responded. That gives me a better feeling about getting into the BCM.

Now, here are a few questions I currently have:

1. I currently have Auto-Attendant set to answer the target line that has ringing apeparances on the receptionists phone after 4 rings. Is there any way to also answer after 4 rings on internal calls. The boss of the company would like the option of dialing an extention if no one answers when she calls from her remote office.

2. How do I activate mailboxes that have no physical phone, i.e. skill set mailboxes for the call center. I tried F985, but then what?

Thanks again.

You don't do Vmail from the phone, you do it from the BCM menu and select callpilot from the menu.

Don't know the answer to the first question.

The mailboxes were already created when I created the skillsets. I just have to "initialize" them like you do on a new user's DN (enter default password, create new password, record name). I just don't know how to initialize a mailbox that does not belong to the phone I'm using.

F981 press other or if log CDN number and default password

just enter the vmail box number and default password 0000.

Hi owee69

Feature 981

The mailbox number of the skillset #

The password #

Example

Feature 981

Mailbox 8000#
Password 0000#

The above pllies if you are using call pilot interface.

If not

Feature 981

Mailbox number Password #

80000000#

Change password must be 4 digits and can not begin with 0

Record name job done

Topic 1 how does the boss ring from the remote office. Is it an extension on the BCM an IP extension or something else

She has an IP phone with an extension on this BCM. She just dials the receptionist's extension, but only gets the general delivery/receptionist's mailbox (which are the same) after the number of rings set for call-forward no-answer. The problem comes during the lunch-hour, when the receptionist forwards her phone to another DN, and the call is not answered. The boss wants to be able to leave the lunchtime receptionist a message, but can't dial her extension since that is not an option during a vm greeting. Right now, the receptionists DN call-forward no-answer is set to the voicemail application DN. Is there an application DN for Auto-Attendant? If so, I could just set the CFNA to that, and I think that would solve the problem.

If you set the attendant DN to be the receptionist extension if they dial 0 it should take you to the switchboard then the general delivery mailbox.

The other option is to dial feature 980 and leave the general delivery mailbox a message during the lunch period.

Does the extension that the receptionist forward to have a mailbox and a call forward. Forgot to ask?

If not then the second option is the best one.

The feature 980 option goes straight to the mailbox with out trying to ring the phone.

Dial feature 980 the mailbox number leave message at the tone.

You could program this under a button on her phone

Feature *3 button Feature 980.

That way she could push the button then enter the extension number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back