Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie: need to block 300 ip, what is the best box for price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

j88cj

Technical User
Jan 27, 2005
AU
I need to block 300 ip coming in my LAN from my ADSL.

Am I correct in thinking the watchguard_firebox can replace my present DYNALINK100 Router/modem (ADLS box connecting to LAN).

Each blocked IP will be totally blocked with NO access to any port.

What is the best solution and best box for the price?

I had a quick look at some of the prices of watchguard and this is why I need the cheapest solution to do the job.
Guy

First how many users to connect internet/external networks
all the details about models on watchguard website even you compare the models .in watchguard firewall by default all traffic is block.

Only 3 users connected internally on the family LAN network.
There are NO users connected outside the network through the Internet.
All the call from the 3 users are always directed outwards the network.
Let me know if I am answering your questions correctly.

This is like a family lan network were all the 3 users are before the ADSL, on the LAN network.
At the moment the LAN network goes to an ADSL router/modem.
Then the ADSL router/modem is connected to an ADSL/Internet provider getaway.
But usually I am most of the time the only one on the LAN network.

I looked at a different model of router than mine but most of them do NOT handle a blocking of more than 20 IPs.
Because I need to block 200+ IP this is why need something a bit outside the standard.
What do you think? I am correct in thiniking that?
Guy

As i mentioned earlier watchguard firewall block all incoming traffic by default. there is no need to manually blocking of any ip .you go for soho or edge model with 5/10 user lic.and its come with web blocker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back