Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie logging question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajb822

IS-IT--Management
May 9, 2002
US
I am pretty new to the PIX but I have setup up logging to a syslog server using Kiwi. I also have Sawmill installed for reporting. What I would like to report on is bandwidth usuage and also any information that would point to external attacks of the firewall. What logging levels should I enable on the pix to receive this kind of information and what reports in Sawmill would generate this.

Thanks,

Tony

If you are using Cisco Router on the end you can enable Netflow and use WebSpy Flowmonitor, in conjuction with Analyzer Standard and have byte accurate data for Bandwidth, Attacks.
Both are available at for a free 30 day evaluation.

Level 6 logging will provide you with all that you need. The rest depends on the reporting software. See these links:

and

for an example of what you can get from the Cisco Pix logs using the FireGen for Pix Log Analyzer:

Adrian Grigorof
FireGen for Pix Log Analyzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back