Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie... Know Nothing about PHP!!! Plz Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Only1Abhi

Technical User
Jan 26, 2003
GB
Hi.

I want to learn PHP. But I have found no tutorials online or books in my local library.

Does anyone know any links to websites for PHP (or ASP) for beginners please?

Or would anyone be able to assist me in any way please?

Many thanks!

Kind Regards,
Abhi

thanks a lot for that Rob

Can u please tell me what software (or programs) I need to start programming in PHP?

Many thanks Again

Kind Regards,
Abhi

I bought a good book 4 php and it only cost £16 ($20). Visual quickstart guide, php for the world wide web by Larry Ullman ISBN 0-201-72787 . This book is only for windoz not Linux

To err is human, to completely mess up takes a computer.

Thanks both for your help!

Best Regards,
Abhi

This book is only for windoz not Linux? Isn't PHP for all platforms? Anyway, the screen shots in Ullman's book seem to be from Mac OS. Platform, shmatform.

Ullman's book is good - - also check out his more recent edition that is about twice as thick.

To be really cheap, stay online: There is a load of articles and tutorials on zend.com, devshed.com and webmonkey.com

- - picklefish - -

Why is everyone in this forum responding to me as picklefish?

Thx 4 pointing that error out jimoblak, I was actually thinking of the installation but the book doesn’t cover installation anyhow. That being said it does actually make references to Unix systems ie difference in file structure and running php from the command line, so that was also incorrect. Thx again.

To err is human, to completely mess up takes a computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back