Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie: How to update an xml file through a web form? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColonelBlue

Technical User
Jun 24, 2004
US
Hello, sort of an XML newbie.

I manged to populate a page with spry tables via DreamWeaver and an XML file.
Is there a way to update the XML files ( as if a data table ) via a web form?

Thanks in advance.

There is always a way.
But i think you should share with us the programming language you wish to use to do the update?
Then the help may comes easier.

I'm also a fresh to XML.
Wish i can help a bit.

Thanks Rainwly0829. Your optimism is awesome.

BY the way, I work with ASP mostly.

I suppose i was trying to find a way to let others update an xml file with nonsensitive data through a webform.
This way they will not have to open up the xml files directly themselves and worry about tags and all.

Thanks again.

[1] Pick up the form element's data passed to the server.
[2] Validate whatever.
[3] Find and load and parse the xml source file to be updated.
[4] Change the respective nodes corresponding to them.
[5] Save the document.

>...[Your] optimism is awesome.
The great expectation of having somebody to do it all without the first proof of the pre-requisit skill that the op is going to at least understand and/or appreciate the work is truly optimistic.

The great expectation of having somebody to do it all without the first proof of the pre-requisit skill that the op is going to at least understand and/or appreciate the work is truly optimistic.

Somewhat jaded. But thank you nonetheless. I suppose mentioning I was a newbie and asking if it were a feasiblility was the element of the question. I googled, scoured the web for proof of concept genuinely before asking here if there were a means to it; perhaps a point to the right direction. However I don't recall asking anyone to do the work for me. As I said, the optimism is what I needed and that I will find an answer..thus my post here.
Hope you have a better day tsuji. Here's a star if it helps in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back