Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie Help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGBRAINS

IS-IT--Management
Feb 10, 2004
US
Good day all.. I'm just in the process of learning about my Nortel Option 16C. We are in the process of changing vendors and it's up to the MIS dept. to maintain the phone system until a new vendor is found. Anyway, here's my question. Can someone give me the command to deactivate a TN and then re-activate it. I have a phone here that cannot make out going calls, but has no trouble receiving calls. I know in the past our vendor just disabled the port and then re-enabled it to store the call function. I would need the whole command string. Or can someone point me in the right direction on finding commands online? Thanks in advance for your help..

To just disable the set and reinable it go to ld 20 and type disu and then the TN, to reinable it just type ENLU and the TN

ex: REQ:DISU 4 0 0 0

although this might not be your problem....
It could also be an NCOS problem...or a few others

Use this to disable then enable
ld 32
DISU l s c u (TN's)
ENLU l s c u (TN's)

then go into ld 30 and test...
ld 30
UNTT l s c u (TN's)

ash1057,

What command do I use to find the TN # I need to work on.. Remember I'm a newbie and need my hand held through this whole thing . Cause if I screw something up it's my head..

To find a TN that is in use, you need to know the DN.

LD 20
PRT
DNB
XXXX <--(DN for user)

PRT command is safe, but once you get into CHG, it is very important to make sure the person is not on the phone while you are changing the TN. It will disconnect them once you hit the final enter button.

what command do i need to type to find all available DN's, i know the one for finding TN is LUVU but don't remember for DN's

if you mean spare
in LD10/11 or 20

REQ = PRT
TYPE = LUDN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back