Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie - Form Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dphan

Technical User
Jul 30, 2003
US
hi all,

I m an Access newbie, this might be a trivial question.

I have three tables.

1. Projects table
2. Programs table
3. Programs Vs. Project table - multiple projects can be associated to programs by a percentage.
Format of this is: Programs | Project | Weight(in percent)

I need to create a Form to enter in data for the Programs Vs. Project table, My boss wants the form in the following format:

Program 1 Program 2 ....... All Programs

Projects 1 Weight (1,1)
Projects 2 Weight (1,2)
All projects

This means a table with all the programs listed horizontally on top, all projects on vertical on teh sides, and he can go in and enter all the weights for all projects at once.

This might be trivial the experienced programmers in this forum, but as a newbie, I have no idea to do this kind of form. I've been using the wizards to generate forms.

Can someone help me get started ? Thank you all in advance for your time.

Hi,

Just in case no one answers - I think cross-tab queries my help you here.

Regards,

Darrylle

"Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level - then beat you with experience." darrylles@totalise.co.uk

Thank you for yoru respond, I have tried creating a form based on the cross-table query. It looks great, but i can not input data when the record source is based on the cross-table query. I need to also input data into my table, is there a way around this ?

Try using the Forms Wizard, select a table at the start and when you select the fields you can change the tables as well.

If you take care and check out the options, and if your relationships are ok then Access does a pretty good job of creating the coreect form for you.

The trick in in the second step of the wizard when you change the table to select the fields from

hope that helps

Neil Berryman
IT Trainer
neil_berryman@btopenworld.com

I need my form to look like the crosstab query. The wizard can't generate something similar to the crosstab table style. The tabular style of the wizard comes close, but
it prints out all records in this pattern:

field1 field2 field3
data1 data2 weight
data1 data3 weight
data1 data4 weight
data5 data6 weight

i want my form to not display duplicate data in field1, only the weight field needs input.

data1 data2 weight
data3 weight
data4 weight
data5 data6 weight

how can i keep the form from displaying duplicate data?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back