Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

newbie - email reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skarcrow

Programmer
Feb 2, 2005
GB
I have an upcoming project that will require me to read and parse incoming email sent to a particular mailbox on our exchange server.

These emails will be in any format I dictate i.e header details and csv formatted lines.

Can anyone give me pointers where to look for examples in doing the above :)

TIA
Steve B

Hi Steve,

I'm struggling with the same scenario. In my research, I have found that it is possible to do this if you have MS Outlook installed on the machine that would run your code. Basically, you would use COM to access your Outlook client, which would allow you to fetch emails. One article I found on this topic is located here If you search Google with a query such as "reading email using mapi", you may find more results.

However, I would like to read and parse emails directly from the Exchange Server, since the server that would run my procedure would most likely not have Outlook installed. Might this be the same case for you? I opened thread955-1282202 today to try to answer this question. You might want to mark this thread for email notification.

If I find anything else out, I'll let you know. Please do the same if you find any other information. Anyone else, please help us!

Nick Ruiz
Associate Integrator
PPLSolutions IT Billing and Transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back