Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie Drawing queston

Status
Not open for further replies.

morg59jeep

Technical User
Jun 21, 2006
how do you turn on the dashed guidelines that help you line up things to another object? For example if I want to draw a line and I want the starting point to be at the intersection of a point on an object above and to the side of where the line needs to go. How do you turn on the feature that lets you place your cursor on a point and then move it to another point and it makes a dotted guideline that the cursor can snap to to start the line.

I think your looking for object tracking. Check the AutoCAD help, as I'm not sure how to set it up exactly.

Kevin Petursson

Yes you are looking for OSNAP, and you'll find it just below command line with all other stuff. For that particular thing I use OSNAP, OTRACK and POLAR allways ON.
You can also adjust these options for your need by right-clicking and selecting desired optins such as if you want these lines by 45dgs angle go to POLAR (options) and enter angle value and auch and such.

Hope that this was helpfull. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back