Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

newbie Crystal 8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

smeyer

IS-IT--Management
Nov 15, 2002
US
When trying a simple join between two tables, 1st of 42000 row and second of 92000 rows, I get 15000000 rows read in pervasive. Am I joining wrong or is it looping somehow. I rockets CPU to 100% and sits there for 5 minutes.

It sounds like you are getting the cross product of the two tables. That happens if you don't provide join criteria. With the report open, check the Visual Linking Expert in the Database menu. The two tables should appear with an arrow connecting the two. If the arrow is not there, you'll need to add a link (click and drag between related fields). If the arrow is there, double-click it and check the join.

A join is there between the tables but I am not certain I am using the correct type, just the standard default. Also, do I need to use the fields from the first table if they exist there or does it matter. I have tried it both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back