Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEWBIE: Can't access https site 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bifa

Programmer
Jun 25, 2001
BR
Hi.

I have ISA server installed on a machine, internal IP=192.168.0.2.

All my IE installed on the workstations are configured to use the proxy 192.168.0.2, port 8080.

I can access all sites except the following:
ISA always tells me "this page cannot be displayed".

As an administrator, when I bypass ISA, the site loads fine.

Any ideas?

I have disabled firewall services and IP packet filtering for testing purposes, but the problem remains.

Tks!

C ya!

Bif@
"Try to make the best even better"

Thanks Dave, but I believe it may be something else...

When I setup IE to use a socks proxy (192.168.0.2, port 1080), everything works fine, so the port 8889 is free.

The problem only occurs when I use the standard web proxy (192.168.0.2)

This is really driving me crazy.

C ya!

Bif@

It sounds like you have ISA using a protocal rule that only allows certain packets out (ie. HTTP/80; HTTPS/443). I would say you need to create a protocol definition to allow port 8889/TCP outbound. Add this protocol definition to your protocol rule. This should fix the problem.

Joe

Hi Bifa.

I had a problem like you have now. This will help you: Microsoft KB article Q283284. Read it and you will solve your problem.

cya
Ramada

Hi Ramada.

Thank you very much for the tip. I took a look at the article, then I ran it step by step and it's working fine now.

All of you having this issue, pls have a look at the article.

C ya!

Bif@

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back