Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbie - Call Pilot on Blackberry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brennen81

Technical User
Dec 14, 2009
CA
Hello All

I am trying to figure out how I can receive my office voice-mails on my BB. As far as I can tell from searching the net, this is possible. We have CallPilot 4 and I have a Bold 9000. We use POP email. I can provide more info at request.

Unfortunately I am not the IT for my company and am doing this for my own personal benefit. I will be relaying any info to my IT to help me out.

If someone can please help me in the steps for this to work, it would be greatly appreciated.

Brandon

you can set up message forwarding rules, you first need to turn it on in the class of service associated with your mailbox, then you can go into your mailbox set up on the callpilot and set up a forward rule to your email address, there is a check box that says convert file to wav, if you check that it will forward to your phone as a .wav file and you can play it.

You've got to have desktop messaging licenses for this to work as well.

Thanks for the replies!

We cant seem to find any "message forwarding rules" inside any of 16 available Class of Service. ??? I do see "Enable Off-Premise Msg Notification/Remote Notification:" check box. Which is checked....

I do have desktop messaging installed.

do you mean callpilot on a BCM 4.0, or callpilot on a pbx, I don't believe this option is available on BCM. you would have to make a forward rule in your email client, not sure how i would get converted to wav then.

But first, what type of call pilot is it?

We have BCM 4.0

When I am in the CallPilot options of Outlook there is the check-box "convert voice messages to WAV for non-CallPilot recipients" But that to me looks like an Outlook only thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back