Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Newbe in XML

Status
Not open for further replies.

santosh2natal

Programmer
Aug 10, 2003
IN
I am blank to XML, but very much interested in learning it. I want to know from where I want to start. I have programming knowledge of Foxpro, PB6/7 and somewhat C++ and also some what HTML. Would it be helpful for me to learn XML. Are there any development tools based on XML??
Please reply.
Thanx with regards.

Santosh Natal

PB6/7 did you mean VB6/7 ?

If so, if you learn the MSXML 4.0 model you can do pretty much anything with XML in a VBA/VB6 environment. WROX press has a book called "VB6 XML" which pretty much got me off square one with XMLin this environment. I wrote a major XML eCommerce app in about six weeks, starting from knowing nothing about it, and thanks to MSXML lib and the book I am now my bosses official XML genius with a raise to prove it! Little does he know......

thank you tobascojojo for ur reply and suggestion regarding starting in xml. The website you suggested me to vsiste is realy helpful for the newers like me to understand XML thank u very much again.

With regards

Santosh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back