Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New York School Course Recommendations ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcnetgeek

IS-IT--Management
Sep 15, 2004
US
Hello All ..

I'm looking to finally obtain my MCSE 2003 and I have determined that I will only be able to do this by taking a course and forcing myself to sit and listen. The will-power to do it isnt the problem. The problem is forcing the time in to do it. Between work and kids and wife and fun filled weekends.. haha! Family men feel me!

I'm a great student in a class and a sponge when learning, so I'm confident I will do well and pass.

So .. I'm currently looking for schools in the New York area that maybe some folks have attended and have had great results with. I'm currently looking at NetCom (
Anyone? Thanks in advance for your help!

----
Lenny.. IT Guy

Get in where you fit in and squeeze in where you need to fit in..

Bump.. no recomedations?

----
Lenny.. IT Guy

Well .. i did register and paid for the cert exams also. the time span is just right for me.. weekends 9-5 and a whole week to read over, study, re-read and refresh myself as well as study in my home lab with what i learned...

ive been doing 'corporate' systems administration work for about a year now and have doing it as a study or home prject for a few years. So i think i should do ok .. this will give me the missing piece to what I dont have experience with. I'm sure some chapters ill breeze right through and others I know i'll have to work hard at..

:)

----
Lenny.. IT Guy

..good luck..
.....but i will warn you...you might be disappointed with the school...

...case studies in your lab are always fun...
...are you using vmware for your lab?
...also check out trainsignals...kewl labs..

..kinda expensive...easy to find w/o the cost hint

CCNP,CCSP,MCSE,Sec+,Net+,A+...

@schase: Thanks! :)

@DanInRaleigh: I hope I'm not dissappointed .. I use VMWare sometimes, I have plenty of machines and my KVM switches.. But i plan to buy a high-end box and make the wife happy where I can host more then a few VMWare OSes .. I use trainsignals all the time :) Thanks!

----
LB

pcnetgeek, trust me,,,you wont be disappointed...
...they get hammered all the time with dos attacks because of the money they are taking out of black market...
..look me up DanInRaleigh..
...good luck..

CCNP,CCSP,MCSE,Sec+,Net+,A+...

So Dan .. im a bit confused.. you said that I _wont_ be dissappointed now. Can you be clearer on what you mean?

What black market money?

I dont understand...

----
LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back