Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New with IP Office and has issues. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montero84

Technical User
Jul 17, 2008
US
Hello,

I have been working with Avaya CM but never have worked with IP Office. Now I was requested to help out figuring out some issues with an Avaya IP Office system. Can somebody assist me with this?

This is the scenario:

Two locations (A and B)... IP Office in each location.
Location A outbound Long Distance calls go out locally. While outbound local calls cross a T1 to location B and go out there. We would like to change this and have each site just stand alone. Can some body help me to solve this? As I said.. I am new with IP Office systems.

Thanks in advance!

This should be very simple. The IP Office has a section called "ARS" towards the bottom on the left side. Open it up and look at the "Line Group ID" on the table. You probably have some calls going out one line ID and others anohter.

Figure out which code in the table matches long distance calls, then look at the line id. Change the code for local calls to match the same id as long distance.

This is sometimes also done with short codes, so be sure to check that area if the ARS solution does not pan out. Both are viable ways to do so, but the programming for short codes is a good bit more complex.

Richard

DavidCT & Richard.

I thank you both for the information. I was searching in avaya site some documentation but didn't find any specific documentation. Do you have some screenshots or a good source of examples to use the ARS or the short codes options? I will highly appreciate any help.

Thank in advance!

- hairlessupportmonkey

Thanks a million for the wonderful docummentation/information. I really appreciate it so much.

- hairlessupportmonkey

Sorry to bother again... that website is amazing! do you know about a similar website but for Avaya CM?

Thanks again and have a magnificent weekend!

- hairlessupportmonkey

No worries. Thanks again for the IPO information! :)

I do not think there is a site like that for the CM.
This is all build by the ipo guys in England.

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

I am talking about the Avaya guys :)
Those English still do not understand driving (a bit like woman drive)

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back