Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New wireless printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrB0b

IS-IT--Management
May 19, 2011
US
Looking for a good wireless laser printer that's compatible with OS 10.6 and Win7. Have had good luck with HP 2600n in the past but it is old and not wireless.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver...

I recently purchased a HP4500 Officejet, 4 way. I am still uncertain as to how happy I am with it. It is not laser. It is wireless, works in my home network (as printer)with my desktop (windows 7) and my laptop (vista). Is not working as a wireless scanner yet. I have not tried out the fax feature yet. Uses a lot of ink. I get occasional wire jams. Got it cheap, less than $100.00. Would not recommend it for anything other than occasional use. Good luck

HP makes wireless adapters for many of its printers.

Although, once again, not a color laser, I have had FANTASTIC luck and much happiness with my PhotoSmart C8180.

It has ethernet, wireless, and bluetooth. I can print a picture over bluetooth from my iPhone. I can print directly from camera cards and so forth. It has a built-in LightScribe DVD recorder, which will allow you to copy from your camera card to a CD-R or DVD-R. Windows sees the card readers and DVD as additional shared drives on the network.

Photos are amazing, print speed is adequate (once it gets started). It has a paper tray for 8.5x11 as well as a 4x6 photo paper tray.

A complete set of cartridges (it uses 6) including 150 sheets of photo paper is like $35-$40. And it uses individual cartridges for each color, so there's no ink waste from traditional "tri-color" cartridges.

I know it's not a laser, which is one of your pre-requisites; but between my B/W LaserJet 2200D and this C8180, I have all the printing I could ever need, and SO much functionality....

Just my 2¢

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

HP Officejet 4500 Wireless All-in-One ($129.99)
HP Officejet 6500A Plus e-All-in-One ($199.99)
HP Officejet 7500A Wide-Format e-All-in-One ($299.99)
HP Officejet Pro 8500A e-All-in-One ($299.99)
HP Officejet Pro 8500A Plus e-All-in-One ($399.99)
HP Officejet Pro 8500A Premium e-All-in-One ($499.99)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back