Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New window script problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have found that to maintain compatibility with open image window events and AOL one needs to have a copy of the image name with an html ending ie. image is here.jpg then in the root directory create an empty html file called here.html
I have found that a JustsopicWindow function worked everywhere but AOL and that is their answer to my problem. Same as yours..Everywhere but crashed AOL
not sure if this is the same thing
regards
ropey

I have come across the same problem and it is caused by AOL not allowing cross window scripting. You can write to your own window but not to a window you have created. We simply created an html page that you pass the image name in the query string and it writes the code into itself.
The problem is caused by the way that AOL makes the underlying browser become like and MDI application.
Another option is to store the info in a cookie and get the display window to use that information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back