Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New user to CR X – Add line/row to cross-tab

Status
Not open for further replies.

JarreZoolook

Technical User
Sep 4, 2007
DK
Hi

I am new to CR X and I do not know if the thing I ask for is possible. I am having a cross-tab report where I sometimes have to put an extra line (row) in the button of the cross-tab.

A formula is doing the check if an extra line must be added to the cross-tab. But is it possible to add a line to a cross-tab? If yes, how do I do this?

Thank you

A cross-tab in Crystal makes lines and rows based on the fields or formula fields that you select. It won't give values for something where there is no data.

If that's not what you're asking about, please explain further.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Thx for your answer.

It is as I expected. You can only have lines/rows in a cross-tab if its data comes from the database.

Thank you again.

You can do a mock-crosstab if you need categories that are sometimes absent.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

What are you trying to do? Is this extra line a blank line or? We might be able to help if you provide more specifics.

-LB

I have sometimes aligned two or three cross-tabs to make them look like one, so it appears that I have added a column or row. This is easier now that sections support putting objects in positions that are 'relative' to the cross-tab.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guides to Formulas, Parameters, Subreports, Cross-tabs, VB, Tips and Tricks

Thank you all for trying to help me.

I have a formula that checks if a field X is present in the data. If it exists it is shown. If it does not exists I have to add a row to the cross-tab with a text like this: ‘Data for Myosmine does not exists’.

I would like it to be part of the cross-tab but if I can’t do that, I will add it as a text field under the cross-tab.

Thank you all.

Morten Korsgaard, Denmark

I think the only way you could achieve that is with a manual crosstab.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back