Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New user to Cognos

Status
Not open for further replies.

drobbinssql

Programmer
Oct 16, 2002
US
Hello all,

I'm new to Cognos and need some help. I would like to create a report that produces the same output as the following SQL Statement:

select a.job, a.description, a.current_level, b.cost as ytd_cost,
c.cost as ytd_landcost, d.cost as ytd_capcost, e.cost as jtd_cost
from master_jcm_job_custom_fields a left outer join vwytdcost b on a.job = b.job and b.year = 2004
left outer join vwytdland c on a.job = c.job and c.year = 2004
left outer join vwytdcapint d on a.job = b.job and d.year = 2004
left outer join vwjtdcost e on a.job = e.job
order by a.current_level asc, a.job asc

This yields 47 records.

Although I can use the SQL statement, I would like to create a catalog that I can use for other reports. Currently I have a catalog with the required tables, and a join between the master_job table and the ytdcost table. I am using a filter to perform the other joins in the report, but the result set consists of 13 records.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

You will need to make sure that your COGNOS joins are outer joins. You can check them by going to CATALOG / JOINS and selecting the relevant join, there are tick boxes to make them outer joins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back