Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New user problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsontide

IS-IT--Management
Sep 17, 2002
US
I created a new user acount via user manager. The machine that the new user will be using has a scanner. For some strange reason when the new user logs on, she is unable to use the scanner. Not being recoginized. Is there a way to mirror the previous users settings and import them into the new user's profile so that the new user will essentially have the same profile the previous user had under the new user's logon.

Assumming that the old user is gone, just rename the old user profile to the new users name.

No, the old user is moving on to another postion with in the department.

Two other things that come to mind. Rather than creating a new user in user manager, higlight the old profile and the select copy from the "user" menue and fill in the info for the new user. The other way is to re-install the scanner.

I don't understand how creating a user in UserManager gives you access to a scanner. Is this scanner a Network Scanner or is it attached locally? You would have to reinstall the scanner. The other way is to simply copy the prior users profile settings to the new users profile settings (delete the new users profiles settings first) and then when you login as the new user you may be able to connect to the scanner. But its possible you just need to reinstall.

Crimsontide

Are you using roaming or just local profiles? If just local, then use the profile copyto facility from system properties on the workstation to copy the old user's profile to the new user's profile area (the new user should have logged on so a profile has been created). This will obviously copy documents too. If using romaing, then just use the copyto facility to copy to area on server where profiles are stored and set new user to pick it up.

I migrated Macola 7.5101f to windows/nt. I work for a company in Oil Recovery and we have the source code for the system.

We added on a complete work order module that interfaces with Macola.

Our server is a Dell Poweredge 1500sc, win/nt 4.0. I copied the programs on the new server.

When I run the system I get Error 86 File Table Is Full on screens files and/or data files. I have set the number of Open Files to 4000 but it doesn't work.

Need help. Should I re-install Win/NT and Macola? What should the Setup File Settings be?

This happened to me also... Ths scanner is in attached locally and it is user specific. So if you have 3 users... you should install it on those 3 users. And they should have an administrator equivalent rights on the local machine. (not on the server - Im in W2K). Now if these people are just using the scanner then install the scanner to your guest (local) username and tell them to use that login name and password if there's any. In doing this you don have too many profiles on your local machine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back