Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New UCM Voicemail Module reliability

Status
Not open for further replies.

trinetintl

Vendor
Mar 15, 2010
US
We only have one customer with a UCM Voicemail Module, we installed it probably a couple of years ago and the stupid thing failed pretty much right away. We have a new opportunity perfect for a UCM Voicemail Module but I am not sure if I should design the system with UCM or an inexpensive PC with Win 7 or 8, my gut tells me to do the PC primarily because we can install manager on it. Are the new UCM modules now a 100% reliable or are they 50/50 or lower?

RE
APSS - SME
ACIS - SME

I would say 75/25 now if that makes you feel better. Only one bad one this year that was an existing from the first run. So that doesn't really count.

NTS Direct

Boy I'm glad I didn't trip down the UCM path. I was thinking about moving 10 sites over to it. Yikes.

Avaya went for the "no moving parts" thing with the UCM, but then it ended up needing a fan anyway. At that point they should have seen the writing on the SSD wall and stumped for a 2.5" HDD as well. They wouldn't have had even a quarter of the reliability issues then or now :)

Still don't really trust them we go the PC/Server route to be safe.

Indeed, I never spec one for a customer and will not be talked into one, we haven't sold any....much like CCR licences :)

Agree, stay away from the uc module, never know what your gonna get

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

Well I am glad to hear that I am not the only one staying away from the UCM. mkoker, 75/25 sounds good but not good enough for me particularly if you compare it with for example the IPO 500 controller unit that in our practice all have been 100% or 100/0, so far, and I hope it stays that way, we have not received a single bad unit.

RE
APSS - SME
ACIS - SME

Never put in and never will. So glad I avoided the UCM mess. Although I must add we build our own VMpro servers, and unless they really need OneX portal, I use Win7 or Win 8 and build our machines in a 2U mini ATX rackmount case with all quality components including a samsung EVO or 840 pro SSD. I've never had one of these go bad. If they need recording, I put in a high quality 3 TB standard HD. Cost is less than $700 for the hardware. Put on Manager and logmein.com and you've got their remote support figured out too.

About a dozen or so changed when the PCN was issued, no problems since then.

I can't give any advice since I'm not aware of pricing of one of these VS a license + CPU.

ACSS-SME

Last year we put in 5 UCM's and eventually replaced them all.......one site twice. We punted on them until proven stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back