Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New to XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

AUbie

MIS
Apr 23, 2003
US
I have a customer that has a single Win2000 server and is trying to install MFXP on it. After MFXP is installed and he tries to connect to the server thru Citrix, he receives the error "The System has reached its license limit." I do know that he has both it and Terminal Services licensed. He does not have any license packs installed for Terminal Services and he was unsure about what info to put in the Data Store secitions of the install. Sorry I can't be more specific, but I would greatly appreciate any help.

hi,
the message "The System has reached its license limit."
sounds as a generic Windows 2000 Server cal limits.

If in the same server you have created shares, see, in
My Computer|Manage|Computer Management|Shared Folders
their usage.

To discover if Terminal Server License are ok, try to login
in a RDP connection ( use terminal server client rather a ICA client): if ok remain a Metaframe problem . (Remember
that after Terminal Server activation, you have 90 days
of grace time to go without a Terminal Server License Server. After these, you can install a TS Lic. Server (on
a Domain Controller in a AD domain, or any W2K meber server
in a NT4 domain). You have other 90 days of grace time, before activate it (with regular Microsoft License Pack).

Which kind of Metaframe product have you installed ?
90-Day Evaluation, Retail Version ? However, for 90 days
from TS + MF installation, all has to go free.

bye

Thanks for your help. Connecting the to server works using the TS client. Is it possible that in setting up the data store something was done wrong? Also, how do you connect to the data store through the Citrix Management Console?

if from CMC you see
License, Product, Connection, ecc,
you are connected to a data store.

Data store may be: MS Access local file, or Oracle SQl DB2
I belive your case is the first. You can use chfarm command
but in this case, you lose license. Are this activated ?
Has never Citrix gone on the system ? for how many days ?

bye

Thanks for your help. It turns out my customer had not installed the ICA Client Connection license.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back