Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

new to xml-XML to URL

Status
Not open for further replies.

brunodeath

IS-IT--Management
Feb 18, 2003
GB
Greetings,

I'm v.new to XML and have a small querie relating to a e-procurement solution.

From an ERP I output an XML file that contains order details. I need to pass a number of elements from the XML file, i.e order no, part no, to a URL.

Is there an easy way if achieving this?

many thanks

I don't know what your level of programming knowledge is, but I have found that if you go to web sites that have lots of examples on a topic you want to learn and play with them, you can learn alot of information quickly. One site that might help you is They have a nice example section that is worth looking at. There are other sites too if you look around you will find them. Of course the difinitive XML documentation can be found on msdn.microsoft.com but reading that can put you to sleep.

Programming these things are hard and there is a learning curve, that's why they PAY people to do this work! :)

Good luck!

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back