Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New to Web Design...Please evaluate...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixelpp

Technical User
Apr 9, 2001
US
I am creating this website for a client. Please take a look and let me know what you all think.

Any comments would be very useful.

Pixel

Hello pixelpp,

Well i think the site is great, ez to navigate, good colors and great layout. The only things I seen that you could do to increase the site.

1. Use some meta tags for the search engines to catagorize your site. This is coming from a person who just found out about meta-tags.

2. On the members sign in page, how about a "if you forgot your user name or password click here" (just in case)

Other than these, a top notch site design.

I hope you wanted honest opinion,
FZ

Hi pixelpp,

Nice looking site.

Only two comments to make :-
1. The rollovers take a while to load ( using a 64kISDN line from the UK) Once they are there then all is ok.

2. Not totally sure about the frame text on the 'about us' page - just a personal preference I guess (I think the scroll bar distracts from the rest of the page).

Are you sure this is your first site design? I've been doing it for many years and wish my first looked like yours (come to that I wish mine looked like that now:) )

Regards

John

Very nice pixelpp,

A few sugestions for you.

1) On the 'Solutions' page, where you have the links with rollOver's. This takes a long time for the information to appear, you may want to look at using onClick.
2) In the 'about section, you have a bottom scroll bar running along the underside of the text. This is something to try and avoid in my opinion as it looks messy

Apart from that this is a very nice site, I like the subtle flash bit's you have used for the company name.

Congrats on your first site roda B-)
rod@sameplanet.co.uk

Thanks everyone for being honest.

- FreddieZed, I agree with both...I will get some meta tags on the site...about the Password, the client decided to delete that.

- JKMitchell, Technically, it's not the first site design...just the first designed and developed...usually, I just come up with designs and a programmer will put it together. I'm not sure what to do about the scroll bar...the design doesn't allow from scrolling pages...????

- Fonkymonk, I don't have or have seen any horizontal scroll bars on the 'About us' page..not sure what to do there...that page need some adjusting...

Thanks again!

Pixel

about the scroll bar on the about us page, if you changed the colours to match the design of your page it might help. chack out for script do do this. not knowing is an excuse for those umwilling to lern -- John Rueben

Defrex...

that effect might be better if it didn't change both scroll bars on the page...I'm not a big fan of scroll bars at all...I am working on a fix to remove it completely. If scroll bars look bad in on a page...coloring them will just draw more attention to them...and that's worse.

pixel

maby, but maby not. if you take away the bg color and make them white with just a black bg, it probly would help. and you could probly play with the code to make the efect only work in the one layer. its just a sudgestion, i realy don't have a problem with the way you have it now, but since it seemed to be a concern i ofered a solution. not knowing is an excuse for those umwilling to lern -- John Rueben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back