Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

new to video streaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleNFiesty

Technical User
Sep 26, 2006
US
we are going to start adding video to our website, and I would like it to run similar to YouTube with the flash player a standard size and the movie in the player plays at what ever it was built at. Along with the controls for the movie. I'm new at video streaming on websites. Any advise, reference sites for code, or overall information.

We use Adobe Premier for the video editing, and I use Dreamweaver CS4 for the webdesign. I'm kinda familar with asp, and javascript.

either you can build your own movieplayer or purchase one already created.

or you can post to youtube and then just call the movies in to your site.

Darryn Cooke
| The New Orange County Graphic designer and Marketing and Advertising Consultant
| Marketing and Advertising blog

You can also look at the various free CMS suites out there, but that'd be a whole site rebuild.... or you could just use the CMS for doing the video portion... Drupal would work with its many media modules (plugins), as well as others such as Joomla. It looks like PHPmotion uses at least the same audio player as Drupal. The difference is that PHPmotion is not really free if you look at their "Special Offers" tab. Drupal is 100% free.. there are a few paid modules, but it seems most of it's free. I seem to recall one really good module for videos that was originally a pay-for module, but they ended up making it free.

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

I have been having this problem for a while.....basically u'll need a any movie to flv convertor on ur server to convert any uploaded movies. Then u'll need a good flv player. i found a gud one at phpclasses.org. U can get both from phpclasses.org. search for video (phpclasses.org) and look thru results.....arrgghhh lemme give u the links

and

THANK YOU for all the responses.

We ended up going with YouTube and embedding the video link. I do have some great ideas to incorporate when we do a full redesign based on your comments!

As always AWESOME response!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back