Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

new to Solaris

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebo32

MIS
Feb 27, 2001
US
I am new to Solaris and would like to find some helpful reference material. I have come across a book- "A Practical Guide to Solaris" by Mark Sobell, the reviews are good on Amazon, says it covers up to Solaris 7. I have Solaris 8, would this still be helpful or should I look elsewhere? Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks
Brad

There is plenty on this site already to help you, check out the search facility.
I have learnt a lot by reading these threads, can't beat real world problems as an education.

Ged Jones

Top man

Ged,

I have been browsing the site and YES it is very helpful! What I did have in mind is something to read while I'm offline- one can never have too many references. Thanks a bunch for your help...

Brad

A lot depends what you want to get out of the books.
Are you a student, a tech support engineer, a programmer etc?
Are you looking at qualifications?

Ged Jones

Top man

I'm Network Admin looking to broaden my skill set. I once had the opportunity to do some light admin work on a couple of AIX boxes for about 6 months- that's about all the UNIX experience I have and that was about 6 years ago. I have Solaris 8 loaded on a PC and looking to learn as much as possible...

Brad

try this
all you need is there !!! barazani
bara_zani@yahoo.com
"Unix is user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back