Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New to Norstar, old to Option 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoneguy66

Technical User
Dec 24, 2004
CA
Hi guys,

Great place you have here and I always appreciate the help. I'm new to Norstar systems and I'm having a problem.

User wants second incoming calls to go to her voicemail when she is on a call without ringing but it rings on her phone 4 times first. How do I correct this in programming.

Also have a user that when reception transfers her a call it rings six times then instead of going to voicemail it bounces back to reception. Any help I can get would be appreciated.

To send a second call to voicemail the phone should be set to call Forward/busy to the voicemail DN. Beware that any type of call that rings this set will forward on busy to their personal mailbox.

For the other phone you need to set call forward/no answer to the voicemail DN, and use less than 6 rings. Same caution as the first scenario.

Brian Cox

The other option that you have for the call going to voicemail without ringing is to activate the DND on Busy option.

This will cause the intercoom button to flash on the user's phone, so they know that another call is coming to them, but will prevent it from ringing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back