Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New to Norstar, Adding New Users and Voice Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ckoslow

IS-IT--Management
Oct 3, 2004
US
I do Computer networking for my company and it seems anything technical gets dropped into my lap. I am now in charge of the phone system and have a few quick "easy" tasks to complete.

Norstar Modular ICS 4.0 (At least thats what the books say)

1. I need to add a new user (User 1) to the phone system, (Voice Mail box, ext. and anything else a person should have)

2. I need to move user 2 (old user) voice mail and anything else related to Phone 1 to Phone 2.

3. Add User 1 (new user) to phone 1.

4. Add User 1 to directory

5. Correct a wrong name in directory during the Voice part for user 3.

Question 2: If the password to the admin VM ever gets lost/corrputed is there an easy way to reset it to default

Thanks Alot for your help

you need a book called the voicemail admin guide to go thru the questions u got.
you can reset the password to default by using the foll sequence:

feature 985
73738 76 7793 and OK

Thanks!!

That command "Reset VM adim password F985, 9, pswd 73738767793"

will reset it back to 1020000?

Gotcha Senk1s!!

Ckoslow: password will be 1020000 if you are using 3 digit ext numbers. 120000 if 2 digit, 10020000 if 4 digit.

senk1s said you have way too many questions to be answered here. Get the book and start reading or hire a pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back