Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New to MS Project 2007 Server/Workstation Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

admdev

Programmer
May 17, 2006
US
Hi all,

Hope somebody can help!

I am new to the MS Project and I am trying to install a testing server in our organization.

I successfully installed the Project 2007 Server on the server; however, after finishing the installation, it seems like I need to run some additional configuration.

Has anybody gone through all these steps? I am

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

As you might have guessed, this isn't the best place for MS Project (and specially Server) information.

Here's a link to a good blog:
(The info on creating a VPC image is particularly impressive.)

We have a test server (2007) up and running, but problems remain with building OLAP cubes. I found some interesting info here:

Firewall issues may also be at work:

Google is your friend:

Hope this helps. If you find good info, please share.

migv1,

Thanks for the reply.

After googling for Project Server Installations, I found a document called "Deployment for Office Project Server 2007". This document has a step by step process of the installation. One thing though, I do not understand why Microsoft makes things so complicated. You need to install so many things and create many user accounts that makes things confusing.

Thanks for your help.

It's not complicated. Project Server is a sophisticated enterprise level set of software and is designed for mature software and mature project process environments. At that level, it is no more or less complicated than most other corporate software.

If you are finding it complicated then it suggests that your organization might be better served by simply deploying MS Project Std and then developing internal processes that provide manually and locally what MS Project Server provides automatically and "distributedly".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back