Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New to Mitel with a Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkp20

IS-IT--Management
Mar 21, 2007
US
Just curious. My company is in the process of purchasing a Mitel solution. Were currently are on an outdated CS1000 so you can see the need for an upgrade. They have task me with the controller install and etc. My question is will Polycom SoundStation IP6000 SIP phones work with Mitel? Reason i ask, Mitel wants to sell us their UC360 Audio conference phones and for what they will do (only provide audio) we figure the cost is not justifiable. Can anyone shed some light on this. Thanks in advance.

Depends on what system they are trying to sell you: MiVoice Business, MiVoice Office 250, Mitel 5000 etc. The Polycom is a SIP device and can be programmed with the MiVoice Business. Not sure about the other two platforms I listed. The issue you will run into is that Mitel will not support the IP Polycom. Mitel does not sell directly to customers any longer so you're probably dealing with a Mitel Partner. Long story short, to my knowledge, there should be no reason that an IP Polycom cannot be configured to work with a MiVoice Business. The partner may be trying to get over on you.

There are other more knowledgeable Mitel users, using this forum who may choose to chime in on your thread. They may be able to provide input as to whether the IP Polycom can be used with the MiVoice Office 250 and Mitel 5000.

Thanks for the info. ill find out what system they are selling us. My company decided to go with Windstream as our ISP and they are working with Mitel to sell us the system. Windstream is TERRIBLE, with all the issues we have had with them so far.

Mitel, Polycom edge closer to merger - report
Buyout could produce strong UCC rival to Avaya, Cisco

I'm 99% sure we have the ip polycom working on 3300

thanks for the update and information.

Polycom should work and it isn't defaulted to New Zealand :)

IP Sound stations will work on all SIP ready Mitel systems (5000, 3300, but not 200)

I've put 4000's, 6000's and 7000's on 3300's.

@Jpruder - I don't get the New Zealand reference. As far as I can tell, everyone here is from NA

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Im in Australia so its not just NA cobber

only issue would be perhaps if Polycom had old firmware , we have had some issues where polycom didnt have full web interface available , had to get firmware from polycom sites and do tftp upgarde before the full menu was available , once we had that then adding themn as mitel ext was pretty straight forward

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

@Billz66 - I meant the people who had responded

Cool trick if you weren't already aware. If you click on a users name, included in their info is a geographical location.

Billz66 - [AU}
kwbMitel - [AB, CA]
jPruder - [MI, US]
etc...

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back