Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New to Mcse 2003 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

techy23

Technical User
Jul 22, 2004
US
I was a certified MCSE NT 4.0. I didnt take any exams in betweeen to keep my cert valid. Now i am planning on getting the mcse 2003 cert. What do i need to do.How many exams? and if anyone knows any good self-study material and practice tests. Transenders used to be really good in the NT 4.0 days.

Out of the 7 exams you only needed to take 6 exams, your MCSE NT 4.0 only counts towards the elective nothing else.

I like Train Signal, CBT Nuggets and Exam Force. CBT Nuggets can get boring if you aren't in to watching video, but the instructors are pretty good.

IMO the best video taining is cbt nuggets. I bought both and I thought train signal was week.

books are not enough.

For the price of the newest books and videos, you can buy older books and 3 or 4 older PCs to go through the Win 2K and upgrade to 2003...

And it makes the path a lot less hard to climb...

And your NT certs might count here (for example TCPIP and IIS 4 are good electives for MCSE 2000).

Possible course of tests and study: 70-210, 70-215, 70-216, 70-217, 70-219, 70-292, 70-296...

7 tests but MCSE 2000, MCSA 2003, MCSE 2003 are the results!!!

JTB
Have Certs, Will Travel
"A knight without armour in a [cyber] land."

I know I'm taking too long; but the training classes and videos are hundreds (or thousands!) more than just buying a couple of PCs and dual-booting them and training yourself...

Setnaffa is an MCP-W2K (working on MCSE-W2K) with a few other certs, too...

jtb I agree with you totally. I'm taking mcse classes at a traing center. I'm doing the 2003 track but I will be taking the 2000 mcse test. My reason is that most companies will still be on 2000 for a long time. After I'm finished with 2000 I'll take the upgrade test for 2003. The center I'm at only teach the 2000 classes during the day so with my work schedule I had to take 2003 night tack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back