Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New to Linux...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattWray

Technical User
Nov 2, 2001
US
I have never used Linux and am ordering a set of Red Hat and Mandrake Linux for $20 to start screwing around with them. I have read that Linux comes with a partitioning tool, how good is it- I really don't want to have to reload my OS to create the partitions, or buy software. Also where are some good beginners sites for Linux info?
Thanks in advance! Matt Wray
CCNA, MCP
mwray77518@yahoo.com

Try the following URL for a detailed intro on how to use the partitioning tool with redhat:

You can download a fully functional of Partition Magic with serial numbers from Morpheus.com if required.

The partition tool that comes with mandrake 8.1 allows you to make partition changes on the fly,and i have pesonally used it when i was running windows me,usually it will ask you what you want to do as far as other OS's go,you can use your free space on the drive or you can set the amount you want to use,i was very impressed with it,in fact i intalled the utility on a floppy and i use that instead of partition magic.

Squiggy

Thanks! Matt Wray
CCNA, MCP
mwray77518@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back