Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEW TO LINUX Server 7.0 and Need Fastest Help to Get Apache Running!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wncads

Vendor
Nov 1, 1999
US
I am new and anxious to use Linux as I just built my first Linux Box. I however don't know all the code and commands for linux. Is there a quick cheat sheet or is the programming something that will take years to learn?? I need to get Apache up and serving web pages over the internet for my web hosting business and need suggestions on how to do this quickly... any help greatly appreciated...

Keith
wncads@wnclink.com

ok, your starting a web hosting buisness using apache server on linux -- and you know nothing about apache or linux. looks like you need to visit the library, learn a little unix, then go to apache.org, learn how to set up and configure apache, spend time testing it and learn how to make it reliable, then go talk to someone else about helping you set up a hosting service. you can get cheat sheets and howtos from linunewbie.org and linuxdocs.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back