Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New to exchange server need pointers

Status
Not open for further replies.

zamarky1

Technical User
Nov 23, 2003
GB
Hi
Please excuse me for barging in , i normally like to sit on the side lines for a while to get to "know" a group before i get involved and post. However i have a pressing need to come up to speed *REAL* quick on exchange server 2000. I have never managed a network before and i have been out of the computer scene in a far away bush location for the last 5 years. Now i am in London and gaffed my way into a small company IT postion. I do know a bit about lots of general pc stuff but have never delved into servers before. So since a lot of you guys are gurus can you point me to a resource on line that is quality so i can start getting it all together by reading up and researching it all. I have a server to manage and i want to install a new one. Many questions but i would like to understand the basics first. Please bear with me on this and if this sort of low end post drives you nuts , which i could understand then just delete me ;-)

thanks in advance and be gentle

mark

Hi paul
Thanx. will take a look. Northern Zambia actually , we used drums out there to send messages ;-)

But i Do recognise that accent, Souf Effrica, he hehehehe.. Now just a question of what part you come from

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back