Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New to exchange Email Folder Sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.

brichr

MIS
Feb 17, 2003
US
Our firm recently started using Exchange for an email system. We have exchange 2010, and we are coming from a different platform.

My problem is with folder sharing in outlook/exchange. Lets say I share an email folder under my mailbox. So i give someone Review rights to my mailbox and editor rights to the specific folder I want to share with them. This is fine. For some reason the person I shared my folder with now gets review rights to all the new folders that I create. Is there any way to stop the inheritance?

I know that people are moving away from this type of folder sharing to SharePoint, but from within sharepoint I have not found any way to link a shared folder from sharepoint to outlook and have the ability to drag and drop my email into the sharepoint folder. What am I missing?

I think Sharepoint Team Discussion board is what i was looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back