Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New to checkpoint - stuck on a section, plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipesnab

IS-IT--Management
Oct 24, 2002
GB
I have setup and configured checkpoint basically. The server that is running checkpoint has 3 network cards, each with a different IP address. When i log into checkpoint and edit the checkpoint firewall properties i navigate to the topology tab.. this is where i am having my problems. It says that all my network card ip addresses are external and the option to makev them internal is greyed out. Does anyone know why they are greyed out and how i can be able to set them up as internal.

I have setup all my networks and hosts etc.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

I have seen this before and it was because the firewall object has been created as a host and not a gateway object. If this is the case you should be able to simply right click the object and select 'convert to gateway...' then follow the wizzrd or prompts.
Let me know if this is the case.
Thanks and good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back