Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New to Barcodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

KayJan

Programmer
Apr 20, 2001
US
I have a database already created. I have an input form that we have been using to manually enter the info. We are getting ready to start bar-coding our product(s), and we want to use bar-codes to enter the data into the form already in existence.

Is there a way to code data so the information will be placed in the correct field? (The users want to be able to skip fields ... or go back to a record ... etc.)

Also, once the barcode enters data in a field, how do you tell it to go to the next field?

I just got your e-mail and answered it there. If you are planning to sell a product and use the UPC code, I think you need to register with the UPC council at:
Let me know.
Jim

If you are selling products retail you need a UPC and have to get it from the council as mentioned above. They govern the number issue. Can't have several companies with the same number. Other wise you can use Code 39 and others to your hearts content. Don't have to register or anything. That is it's purpose. Also UPC is only numbers 0-9 no letters and has to have all of the numbers 12. Code39 can be 1 to as many as you scanner can handle 30-40 and A-Z and 0-9.

If you take a look at this site there is a video showing how it moves around a Access database form, scanning different barcodes for input. It uses a keyboard wedge.

look on the left side and click "MPEG's"
DougP, MCP

Visit my WEB site to see how Bar-codes can help you be more productive

Hello,
How can I use barcode on clipper 5.2e database program. I just saw that there is clipper 3.0. How will I purchase my copy.

Is it a window base program now? How can I use scanner and other graphics with my clipper program.

Thanks in advance.

Mark
e-mail: mark.frolic@hyperia.net

I suppose you are asking how to scan barcodes and have that data show up in your clipper program.
If you purchase a Barcode scanner that is a keyboard wedge. then you can use it with clipper or any other program
If you want to use clipper to create barcodes then you need a Barcode font which is loaded into Windows.

you can both at this WEB site
DougP, MCP

Visit my WEB site to see how Bar-codes can help you be more productive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back