Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New To Avaya Definity

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccastillo

IS-IT--Management
Dec 5, 2001
US
I've recently been placed in charge of an Avaya Definity PBX with Audix voicemail. How can I tell what model they are, software release, etc.? Is there anywhere I can download information regarding basic MAC work and voice mail maintenance?

Thanks In Advance,

Thanks but I need to know what model I have so I can get the appropraite manuals. How do I get the model number?

Thanks In Advance,

'disp cap' last page will show you your software version on the Definity.

From the main menu on audix, select Software Management then select Intuity Software Display

Phoneguy, the disp cap works, but my audix doesn't have a main menu. Is there something I can type on the command line to find this information?

Audix usually has a separate login/access. The Audix login is always: sa then a password. The menu looks like this:

INTUITY (TM) Main Menu

AUDIX Administration
Customer/Services Administration
Networking Administration
Switch Interface Administration
Upgrade
Voice System Administration

When I log into audix I get this:

enter command:<blinking cursor>

Try pressing enter on the number pad once or twice, it should ask you for a login/password.

Then it will ask you for the emulator number. Try entering in 4410 if you're using ASA.

That is exactly what I do. The login is SA, and then I enter my password. it asks for emulation, I type in 4410. Then it gives me the "enter command" prompt.

I know for a fact that it does the same thing if I use the "dummy terminal" connected to the switch.

Ok, good, you are in the right spot. From the enter command prompt this is where you type in your commands.

I'll tell you right now you probably don't need any manuals, here are some commands I use the most:

display subscriber xxxx [enter] (xxxx enter in extension)
change subscriber xxxx [enter]
remove subscriber xxxx [enter]
add subscriber xxxx [enter]

From there you can tab around. The most I do is reset passwords. Press F3 to save or the Enter key on the number pad.

The mailbox number is usually the same number as the person's extension. I enter in the names Last, First - check with what the standard in the system is - if there is an auto attendant doing a dial by name lookup you'll want to stay with the same schema.

If you want to get fancy you can hit F6 to see a list of the command choices (first word), and F1 to cancel something. You can run reports: display activity-log xxxx [enter], view/change the class of service.

As an example you can type in the word "display" or "change" then hit F6, it will list all the items you can display or change.

Next you will want to learn how to run backups and how to reboot. I think they recommend a re-boot every 30-90 days.
You can do some searches in this forum for Audix and it should have some things in there on how to perform certain things.

It's very easy and good luck.

From the 'enter command' prompt, you can get to the Main Menu by typing in: exit

Then you can lookup your model number by doing what phoneguy55 said:

From the main menu on audix, select Software Management then select Intuity Software Display

Press F1 to back out of any of the sub-menu's
From the Main Menu go into "Audix Administration" to get back to the 'enter command' prompt.

If I type in "exit" the window closes and I get a notification from ASA "communications reset

Are you sure you're using login SA? There are 2 customer logins for Audix, VM and SA. VM takes you directly to where you speak of <enter command> with no option of the menu. SA will take you to the menu first, then you have to choose to go to voice mail administration and can go back & forth.

I am new to this as well, been thrown in to the job about a week ago. I found 2 free courses from Avaya, that has helped me alot. If you got to Avaya-learning.com, and register, then goto curriculum and start here.. in the drop down box goto ip telephony, and in next screen hit all maps. The last entry will be.. System Administration: Communication Manager/Integrated Management... there is a free course for basic administration , course BTC290W2 , and one for ARS, course BTC274W2.

I can actually get around my audix system quite well. I was just trying to figure out exactly what version it is.

And I'm trying to figure out what manual my Definity G3 takes from the Avaya website.

With the manual for my G3, I could sit there and figure out a bunch of other stuff.

You can get manuals on avaya.com, on main screen on right side there is a link to documentation. There is a ton of stuff for Definity, and Definity Audix...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back