Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New to Actuate- general question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJFost

Programmer
Apr 11, 2002
I'm a long-time IT professional & have been working with Crystal Reports since it debuted (not to mention Access reports); I'm very comfortable working with it.

We're in the initial stages of a project to switch 8 stand-alone systems (all from different vendors) over to a single-source enterprise suite, in which ALL the component sub-systems use Actuate as their native report tool (hitting a SQL-S 2K database).

Since I'm looking at long(!) hours recreating our existing reports, any words of advice for a rank amateur? Should I just go ahead & get out on the ledge now?

If i understand correctly, here is the soln.

If You have both softwares Crystal reports and Actuate (with Iserver), you could reuse the existing crystal reports by deploying it in Actuate iserver along with the existing Actuate reports. Refer Acutate Active portal and Management console.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back