Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New to 3300 need help programming PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

4wireguy

Technical User
Jan 31, 2008
US
I am scheduled for school, but really need to get a system installed prior. We have another system, which I took screen shots of the programming/configuration. What I need to know is the required order of programming, particularly involving setting up a 2 PRI trunk group. I am assuming there is also the Dchannel(s) to set up as well. Can someone tell me the steps within IMAT to get those PRIs up and running? Is there a programming worksheet out there? I am well versed in PRI and the Nortel world.

Thanks in advance!

It would probably help a lot to know which system you are trying to work on, as the procedures differ quite a bit from one platform to the next. (SX2000, SX200, SX200ICP, 3300) also the software version. Also are you using an external DSU or the new E1/T1 Duo cards that plug onto the mainboard of a 3300. The latter no longer require IMAT.

MitelInMyBlood,

It's new out of the box... a 3300 with the duo E1/T1 card. I can't tell you the SW since I am many miles away right now.

Thanks,
(old) 4WireGuy

You need a record application id that is available on your account on the AMC
After that you need to go true the trunks -> PRI

Just go from top to bottom

It is hard to tell all because there is more involved
The trunk also does need a classof service and class of restriction

RTFM.gif

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Status