Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEW SYSTEM SET UP ISSUE |||| HELP!! |||

Status
Not open for further replies.

muzaqman2005

Technical User
Jul 12, 2005
US
I am putting together a new system and for some strange reason after I start up the system, it shuts off by itself. It happens at all different times. There is no consistancy to the shut downs.

I am using A Summit motherboard, SK8T800 with an AMD Sempron Chip.

Has this happened to anyone before? I need help desperately.

I would appreciate any help you can provide!

Thank you.

The way you describe kind of sounds like the board might be shutting off to protect the processor. Check your cooling and pay attention to the processor temp. Im thinking it might be overheating either that or you have your shut off temp to low.

Wherewould I find the temp controls? What part of Bios?

Should be under harware management or hardware monitoring or something of the like. Your motherboard manual will tell you.

Also, plug the computer into a different circuit in your house and see if your problem persists. If it doesn't, you have an overloaded or faulty circuit in your house, or wherever it is you are plugging the computer in at.

Better yet, if there is a UPS around, plug it into the correct socket on that.
One good way to test for overheating is to take off the side and put a table fan right in front of the processor and turn it on high and then start the pc and see how it goes. If all is well you know you need a new processor fan.

Good advice + great people = tek-tips

I will give it a shot when I get home from work!

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back