Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEW SUPL

Status
Not open for further replies.

lozan

Programmer
Mar 10, 2005
US
I'm adding a new SUPL to my option 81c. I'm putting the parts list together, I am using the part numbers off of an existing SUPL. Are there any other parts, other than visual hardware (the housing, power supply, fnet card and insert, digital and analog line cards) that i need to purchase?

the cable that goes from the face of the network card to the rear of the new ipe.. 2 max if your adding both loops 0 and 1..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

So there are no software components?

and, are you saying that only two loops can be intalled on one CE shelf?

when you add a network card, you have two output ports on the faceplate.. j1 and j2.. the cable connecting to j2 will become loop 0 if you connect and program loop 1 it will become self x 1
Code:
004  STD  LEFT 01 0 3  21 0 3

that is my 1st loop, it controls ipe 4 0 and 4 1.. the xpe 1 is used for loop 4 0, 21 for 4 1(that is the number flashing on the controller card faceplate.. you can add the new supl without any new software.. ld 97 chg xpe, then chg the supl and add it

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Also make sure that you have a ringing generator for the new shelf if you are going to be adding analog cards to it.

You will probably want a spacer kit that goes between the shelf you are adding and the the shelf next to it (if there is one.

If your cable from the NET card to the Back of the shelf for your controller card is going over ladder rack, you will want shielded extension cable and connector kits for both ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back