Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New squirrel workstation-Silent 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobra999

Technical User
Jul 1, 2004
CA
I have a squirrel system with version 3.22b My two workstations are both Workstation V model sq-2050. I want to replace the one workstation with a Workstation VI model number sq-2060. I know that the sq-2060 works but it does not boot (silent). Any suggestion to why? I have the correct power adapter installed (5.0 Amps).

Thank you in advance.

This depends. Do you have a converter panel for the working terminals? A converter panel is a grey box, usually near the squirrel server, with a circuit board and lights in it. If you don't, then the terminals you do have are setup for 232 communication. If you do have a converter panel, the workstations are setup for 422 communication.

I'm betting that the workstation that you are trying to load is not setup for the correct communication protocol that your existing workstations are using. I think it's a jumper setting that changes the workstation from 232 to 422, but it would mean having to open the workstation and find the correct jumper. I'll try to find out, but I don't know how successful I'll be

I'm about 99% sure that you are correct...it's probably jumpered to 422 instead of 232. If you're brave and want to pop the terminal open, drop me an email and I can help you set the jumpers correctly.

Thank you for the offer of asking to email you. Unfortunetly I don't know how other that to reply to this message.

Thank you

Thanks for the reply enlic and suchasynic. I have taken the terminal apart. Just waiting for your reply so I can change the jumper to 422.

Cobra999

Have you gotten this handled yet? I think I can send you the jumper diagram if you like. Email me at:
carterh_at_countyline.com

Carter

Thanks Carterh. I have sent you an email.

Cobra999

Thanks to everyone that helped me out.

I got the squirrel terminal sq-2050 to communicate in 232.

Now my next question. I also have a sq-2060 that is communicating in 422. Is there any jumpers that I can change to communicate in 232.

Your replies are greatly appreciated.

cobra999

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back