Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New SMS Installer & MSI Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
HELLO!

I need a little help

I am creating MSI packages with the new SMS Installer (I see you have to make them on windows 2000) I can compile them on 2000 and they run on 2000 and NT4 systems but 9x says:

MSGBOX:
There is a problem with this windows installer package. a script required for this install could not be run

What the heck does that mean?!?!?!?!

Thanks,

Dave

Haven't seen that msg exactly, welcome to hell ;), I use wise installer for windows but it only helps so much.

Do you have the latest windows installer on the 9x machines???

If you do have the latest installer on the 9x boxes, you've most likely got some registry keys packaged that win9x doesn't like much. It's a trial & error kinda thing, good luck.

Mike C.

You need the latest version of windows installer for 9x.

-Tesi

Yes I have the latest version 2 of the windows installer installed on the systems (unless a new one came out in the
last couple of days)

No it cant be doing anything clever as all the installer does is puts display message saying completed then finished

What the HECK is missing?????

Thanks for the help,

Dave

Im still stuck on this problem - if anyone has ANY ideas then PLEASE let me know (this is driving me mad)

Thanks,

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back