Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New site options needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

GingaIT

Technical User
Dec 8, 2011
GB
Hi All

Our company is expanding and we now need a new additional site. We currently have a CallCentre with 120ish agents, we are looking at getting a new office for an aditional 120 agents. At the current site (HQ) we have a IPO 500v2 r6 on essential editon manager with embedded vm. currently using 44 channels over 2 x isdn30's with avaya 1608l phones.
We are looking into a vpn/mpls for data and voice with QoS between sites. is it possible to extend the current coms setup over the vpn/mpls just by plugging a com switch into the vpn, or do we have to get another ipo500v2 at site b and connect somehow. We might even use softphone at site b - unsure yet need to pro & con with ceo (if its easier and cheaper to do over vpn/mpls then we prob will). We are also looking at getting rid of the isdn30's at hq and puting them through sips at breakout at hq.

any imput you good ppl can give will be greatly apreciated.

thanks

It is technically possible to do this with just a Data link & IP handsets but for the love of <insert Deity of your choice here> DON'T!

Based on the number of users @ each site I would suggest you go for a 2nd IPO and connect them as a SCN.
I would strongly recommend that the 2nd site has some has its own trunks for resiliency & suggest retaining the ISDN30

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Agree, second IPO with SCN would be the nicest scenario.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

Can HQ site host all external lines, and site b use them over the scn? or do both sites have to have external. (couple of lines at site b for redundancy excluded)

No because you do not will have enough bandwidth except when there is a fiber between them.
Then you will need SCN licenses in between which will be expensive.
120 Phones is too much and even when it is a call center.
It is just too much.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back