Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New SIP Trunk Metronet

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcc1000

Vendor
Aug 26, 2013
US
Hello all,
Just had a new provider come in town, MetroNet.
Hoping someone has any info on how to program IP Office 11.0 system with them as being the SIP trunk provider.
I have the incoming calls working fine over the SIP, but when dialing out I get a solid tone from the phone & saying the number is busy.
However, after a few seconds the number I'm dialing does start ringing at the called party, answer it & of course just hear dead air.
The only thing I see in Monitor is 481 Call Leg/Transaction Does Not Exist.
Any & all help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I think you will be presenting the wrong ip address either at layer 2 on the router nat or inside the header at layer 3

Thanks for the info robboardman,

Funny, we just minutes ago got it all working.
Spent hours trying different things, had my tech support guy look things over & tried different changes.
No luck, it was like we weren't receiving the ACK from the provider, which I read is pertaining to the "481 Call Leg/Transaction Does Not Exist" message I see in Monitor.
Got back on the phone with the provider & they were working on it all morning today until they figured it out on their end.
They now have documented how to configure their SIP trunks with an Avaya system. [pipe]

pccsipoffice,
I wish I could tell you what the provider actually did for you & others.
Their basic answer when we did ask what they had to do different.
"We now have it documented how to configure our SIP trunks with an Avaya system"
I think they were a little ashamed that it was their problem & was trying to say it was mine previously.
I had my configuration correct the whole time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back